My primary research areas are Digital Ethics, Philosophy of Information, and Philosophy of Technology, with a particular focus on Ethics of Cyber Conflicts and Cybersecurity.
I am a Research Fellow and Deputy Director at the Digital Ethics Lab – Oxford Internet Institute, University of Oxford. I am visiting lecturer at the Department of Computer Science, University of Oxford and one of the Oxford Faculty Fellows at the Alan Turing Institute.
Until November 2014 I was Research Fellow in Cyber Security and Ethics – Politics & International Studies – University of Warwick. Prior my work at the University of Warwick, I held a Marie Curie Fellowship at the University of Hertfordshire working on Information Warfare and its ethical implications. I obtained a PhD (Doctor Europeus) in Philosophy at the University of Padua. My PhD thesis focused on the epistemic and ethical implications of the occurrences of e-Trust in distributed systems. I graduated in Philosophy at the University of Bari with a MA thesis on the Symbol Grounding Problem.
Service to The Profession
- Editor-in-chief of Minds & Machines (Springer)
- Editor-in-chief of Philosophical Studies Series (Springer)
- Executive editor of Philosophy & Technology (Springer)
- Fellow of the World Economic Forum’ Council for the Future of Cybersecurity
Past Positions and Associations
- Research Fellow in Cyber Security and Ethics Politics & International Studies, University of Warwick.
- Marie Curie Fellow Philosophy, School of Humanities, University of Hertfordshire.
- Senior Research Associate Information Ethics Group (IEG), University of Oxford.
- Research Associate Oxford Uehiro Centre for Practical Ethics , University of Oxford.
- President of the International Association for Computing and Philosophy (2013-2016).
Click here for my Academia.edu profile
Click here for my ResearchGate profile
Click here for my Linkedin profile
My Twitter account is @RosariaTaddeo